Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Update

It is 6:11 pm and I am just getting home.  I get a half hour break until Ryan and I meet up to exercise.  A glorious half hour!!! Our minutes are consumed with making notecards, dinner, cleaning, studying, reading...but I have decided to dedicate this little breath of fresh air to write a much needed post.  

Easter Festivities

Easter has come and gone too quickly.  In the past, Easter weekend in Oregon meant egg hunts with my little nieces, fresh spring air, beautiful blossoms and family time.  It was a little sad to "fit" the fun Easter events into our busy schedules, but nonetheless we thought about and contemplated the meaning of Easter throughout the week, which is more important than dyed eggs and bunny rabbits.  



Our wonderful friends  - the Yecks

so enamored by the white crayon...


girls were the egg hunt champs!

Mike is 6'8'', just in case you were wondering why Ryan looked rather tiny

Easter Dinner

We are so grateful to live near Kate.  She is a darling girl.  Ryan and I have talked a lot about love languages and how we show/want to be shown love.  Kate shows her love through service "on steroids" (as Ryan accurately chimed in the other day.)  She delivers cookies, writes sweet notes, makes us yummy minestrone (she actually did that today!!) and is always being thoughtful.  As Easter Sunday approached, she organized a delicious Easter meal, which I was happy to help with since Easter Sunday is an especially great Sunday to spend with family.  We made funeral potatoes, honey ham, bread, fruit salad and garden salad.  At home, each Easter Sunday my mom dusts off the china and serves the meal on her best dishes.  I think that is such a lovely tradition, and since we don't have china, we did the best we could :)




3 comments:

  1. I always love to see a new post from the Folsom's! You guys are the greatest!! Love you all tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you look like you are 8 years old in the pic with your friend for the egg hunt. So funny. I was looking at pics of Alex and I dating and you were SO LITTLE. It's crazy how much 8 years really makes a difference. I look like a different person too though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog Ryan and Lauren! So nice to meet you, you can find my blog at http://www.iheartpears.Blogspot.com can't wait to see your cute posts!

    ReplyDelete