Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Elephants

General Conference has come and gone, and left me with a lot of work to do.  Sometimes I feel like I learned something new, other times I feel the power behind the words, but this conference spoke to my heart.  There were two talks that I especially loved, by Elder Holland and Elder Uchtdorf.  There are so many lessons and principles I want to apply to my life but as with most things, I tend to overwhelm myself.  Take studying for instance.  I typically pull out my good friend the planner and stare at the week's, or even month's work load ahead of me.  3 tests this week, 2 papers, 4 quizes, 3 essays...and my mind starts getting jumbled and confused.  It's those nights of stressful "planning" that I don't get much of anything done, just create ulcers.  Ryan is so good at reminding me to take one step at a time, tackle one task here and another one there, and the amount of stress will diminish.  As it should be with applying any kind of principle or habit to my life.  Sometimes I fail to remember that this life is all about progress, and it's just important that we keep improving ourselves along the way - it won't happen all at once. 

  

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture! haha Such a good reminder Lauren. Those were some of my favorite talks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts to remember and live by, my dear! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete