Monday, May 14, 2012

My Personal Pathway of Inspiration

The warm change in weather has created a new kind of monster - one that is restless if stuck inside for more than a few hours.  I am energized by the sun and can't get enough of it!  Living on the East side of Provo is a blessing, especially since it puts us a ten minute run from the base of the Y hiking trail, and seconds away from various hill and trail running paths.  I like to run in the morning and go on a post-dinner walk with Ryan.  That has turned into my favorite part of the day.  We choose various set paths we have mapped out, and talk about everything under the sun.  Hand in hand.


Running is not just exercise, it is a way to clear my head.  I tend to thinkandthinkandthinkuntilIcan'tthinkstraight...and running gives me the chance to just breathe (way too hard usually) and think about what is weighing on my mind at the present moment.  It is so therapeutic.  My most recent favorite trail is pictured above.  Away from cars and people, it is just me and the mountain, and an occasional deer.  I don't usually run with music so I get to enjoy the sounds of nature and the rhythm of my pounding feet.  But what I have come to find is that this little 45 minute run has been the source of great ideas!  I thought of a cute good luck gift for Ryan's MCAT, this year's Christmas gifts, even some Birthday ideas too!  I also mentally plan out my day, and finish my run feeling accomplished and organized, ready to have a wonderful, productive day.  


I hope this addiction to the outdoors isn't a phase I am going through, this one needs to stick!!  It keeps my in shape, both mentally and physically, and I LOVE it.  There's nothing better for the soul than a little sunshine and fresh air. 
    


ps.  Although i did not take the picture (since I don't bring anything with me when I run) that really is a picture of the exact trail.  So so so beautiful.)   

1 comment:

  1. That's so great! It's wonderful to find things in life that bring you closer to the ones you love, and even yourself.

    ReplyDelete