Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Good Things Will Come


This post is a shout out to my mother.
                                                         You were right.
Things haven't been going my way lately.
                                        "Just hang in there" says Momma.
After weeks of waiting...
                                                            I got it :) 

Hold on – this is a crazy story: 

So, back in early May I interviewed with a Graphic Design company.  I wanted to learn more about that aspect of marketing and knew this company would be so fun to work for, and that it would be an incredible learning experience.  Sadly…they didn’t hire me.  They said they hired someone with a little more experience, and wished me luck with my future. 

I was pretty sad.

But, at the same time I started working for BYU Sports Marketing as an intern and have been having an incredible time.  For one of the events they put on each year, a sponsorship dinner, I ran into a few people from the Graphic Design company. Random right? 

After the program had begun and all sponsors were seated, I got up to fill my plate full of the yummy catered goodies. 

“Hey, didn’t we interview you?”

I looked up. It was one of the guys (getting more delicious food).  He recognized me! 

“Yes, I did! A while ago now.”

“Well, we really liked you and wanted to hire you, but the person we hired had a few more years of experience under her belt.  She moved.  Are you still interested?”

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?? OF COURSE!

“Oh most definitely, thank you for thinking of me!”

“Great! We’ll be in touch.”

After a painful few weeks, I got it.  The glorious email giving me my start date: July 9th.  It is for real! 

So mom, this is for all those times I have called and complained.  When nothing seems to be going right.  When things aren’t working out my way.  Just like you always say, “Just hang in there, good things will come.”

They sure did.

3 comments:

  1. This is mom. I am so happy for you honey!! Now enjoy the experience!! love you so ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! This deserves some Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Lauren!! That's exciting! I'm glad he got back to you and you got the job. Can't wait to hear all about it when I get back there!

    ReplyDelete