Monday, July 9, 2012

Surprise!

Tuesday, the 26th of June, was possibly the worst day of my life - maybe not quite but close.


It started off as one of those mornings when both Ryan and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.  Short tempers and snippy remarks were our first interactions with each other, so we both left for school with grouchy attitudes.  Thankfully this doesn't happen too often, but when it does it is not fun!


Next, I received an email from our TV buyer stating that it had been shattered on delivery.  I love learning that we paid to have our TV destroyed...


Then just a few hours later I attended my night class, only to find out that the idea of driving home to Oregon was outrageous and there was no way it could be done with the course load and team projects.


We had been planning with my two sisters, Alison and Katie, for weeks deciding how to best surprise Anna and my mom.  I hadn't seen Anna for over eight months and was eager to meet her new baby.  So after plans were made and excitement was escalating, we only had one more week 'till takeoff!  But, on that terrible Tuesday, I was told our dreams of going home to Oregon would not be realized.


I bawled.


Then, I called Anna and my mom and cried some more.


After, I told Ryan how sad I was and continued to wipe away tears.  It was a pretty sad day.


BUT!  After a few days of meeting with my teacher, I learned I could drop a test if need be which gave me a glimmer of hope.  I took two quizzes early, finished some group work before our deadlines, and decided it could work if we left for Oregon after my night class.


So we did!!!!


It turned into a Thompson Reunion and a fun Folsom Family get together.  Both families were surprised.  Both families were so fun.  And both Ryan and I were relieved to have made the choice to come home.  There is no place like Medford, Oregon and we can't wait to move back (in a decade or so).  














1 comment:

  1. I loved loved loved seeing you. What an awesome time we had! -Anna

    ReplyDelete