Sunday, November 11, 2012

Kiddos

We adore our CTR 7 primary class.  

At first, I will admit we were both a bit overwhelmed.  We were even a bit stern at the beginning, trying to teach them reverence and how to be respectful to teachers.  But, we have definitely grown attached to every single one of them, and I was surprised to find myself dreading January - when they will move to an older class.  :(  

I know they aren't my own children, but I can imagine this is a very small taste of what a mother and father must feel when they see their children graduating from kindergarten, playing in their first soccer game, progressing from grade to grade until all too soon, they graduate and leave home.

I remember when Eric graduated from High School.  I was a freshman at the time, and thought it would be funny to dress up in his cap and gown and march into the kitchen while my parents were talking.  Wrong!  My dad saw me and immediately said, "take that off" in a rather stern voice, and my mom just looked at me with a blank stare.  Now I get it - but just barely.  I know I don't come even close to understanding, but at least now I can imagine.

Ryan and I look forward to having a family, and we are committed to soaking up every minute with each of our children.  We are doing that now with our primary class...which may be way we are getting kind of soft.  Yesterday after the primary program practice Ryan said, "if you are good and reverent during the program on Sunday, you get any treat you want in class!"  Don't worry - they all requested different goodies.  




1 comment:

  1. haha I love that none of them wanted the same thing. Classic. You and Ryan are going to be FANTASTIC parents!

    ReplyDelete