Friday, November 30, 2012

Where did the time go?

It feels like just yesterday I was sobbing in Ryan's arms, begging him to let me quit school, work, my internship and any other responsibility demanding my time.  

The first day of school was one of the worst days of my life, and any sense of drive or motivation quickly vanished - I was DONE.

But, being the comforting, kind man he is, Ryan was able to gently encourage me to take it a day at a time.  Luckily, I was able to set aside my worries and focus on my last semester of school.

And here I am now, one week away from graduating.  I look back in disbelief at my semester - 15 credits, an internship with BYU, a 20 hour-per-week marketing job, and several demanding group projects.  But, it was worth it.  

Not only was it worth it - it was a blast!  Ryan and I have never had so much fun in a few short months.  Halloween parties, family in town for general conference and marathons, visiting family in Ogden, power outages and snow storms, movie marathons, Oregon for Thanksgiving, runs and yoga, hiking Timp and Squaw Peak...and more.  

Yet again, I have learned that with hard things come great things.  With a terribly demanding semester came some of the best memories for Ryan and I.  

Now with this chapter coming to a close, we look forward to the next big step - medical school and a family.  Although we wish both could happen this very second, we have learned that through patience and faith come the sweetest blessings.






  

1 comment: