Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Progress!

We did it!  

If you take a gander at our bucket list to the lower right, you will notice just a few things Ryan and I would like to accomplish at some point in our lives.  And last night, we scratched one off of the list.

No, we didn't take a ballroom dance class or bike the Oregon Coast real quick, but we did do something musical...

We played our first real mandolin-guitar duet! 


Background:

Ryan's talented uncle made him, (MADE him), a mandolin for Christmas.  It is truly remarkable, and beautiful.  Something that we are going to cherish!  Ryan is secretly very musically gifted, and has been able to learn several songs in just a few short weeks.  It has been an exciting thing for me to watch, because one of my dreams has always been to play instruments and sing with my husband - I am pretty lucky he is also incredibly kind and extremely good looking ;) 





For FHE (one of our resolutions) we chose to learn a duet for our activity.  A hymn seemed to be a proper choice, and it was one of our favorite hymns at that: "Come, ye children of the Lord."  

I couldn't help but daydream to a future day when Ryan and I play songs and sing with our family.  Music is really special and I hope we work hard to make it important and meaningful to our kids as well. 

I am so excited to accomplish more bucket list bullets and add more to-dos in the future - it is so fulfilling!   


3 comments:

  1. We cant wait to hear more of your musical talents too! Good job kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! So proud of you guys! And I want to hear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's one of my favorite hymns, too. and it made me smile big to hear your duet.
    love you both!

    ReplyDelete