Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Time.


Two blog posts in three months. 

It is kind of depressing.  Ever since starting full-time work, any hope for “me” time has since disappeared.  I have several dusty books and a dusty guitar.  A neglected blog and hopefully a not-too-neglected husband.

This is the very first time in life where I have felt robbed of time.  My day begins with a quick workout, measly breakfast, messy hair and thrown-together outfits – all to get to work where somehow time tends to stand still. 

After work we make dinner, clean dinner, get ready for the next day and just like that – it’s morning again.  I could read a few pages or plunk out that one song I have wanted to learn, but my time talking with Ryan means so much more.

This past weekend my family was in town for a family wedding (yayyyy for Tony & Abby!) and our nights finally had some variety!  A movie here, a dinner there, some new conversation.  Ryan and I are truly trying our best to make each evening together meaningful and worthwhile, as sometimes we feel the pressures of technology and succumb to work emails, studies, or sometimes even random television shows.  With whatever energy and brains we have left, we are trying so hard to stretch ourselves and each other with the time left over in the day. 

I look toward my summer with a tinge of sadness.  This new full-time work I prayed so fervently for is all of the sudden not what I had imagined.  Responsibility.  Summer means early morning walks and lazy afternoons.  Swimming pools and good reads.  Gardening and bike rides.  The realization that work still carries on is hard to choke down. 

I hope I don’t sound ungrateful.  I am grateful for employment.  I am grateful for my husband’s hard work.  I am grateful for a myriad of other things.  It’s just today, I realize that things are changing…whether I want them to or not!





4 comments:

  1. HAHA I LOVE the picture of Alison. That is so me at the Creamery. Loooove that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way! Minus the husband part. Full time work is exhausting and it doesn't leave enough time to get much done afterwards. Balance...it's hard. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It stinks to grow up! I tell my kids all the time to enjoy the arrow making, swing playing, lemonade eating, fort building days. :) Gotta go....laundry calls, and dishes, and.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was ME (Katie Millar)...don't know why it said Kirsten!

    ReplyDelete