Wednesday, January 15, 2014

San Antonio Here We Come!

I never, in a million years, would have guessed Texas would be our next destination.

I was born in Richardson, Texas and moved to Oregon when I was only about six months old.  The only things I knew about Texas came from stories from my three older sisters, who spent a good portion of their childhood there.  This is what stuck with me throughout the years:

 - Texas has spiders - BIG ones
-  Texas is hot
-  Texas is flat
-  Texas is not as green as Oregon
-  Texas has fire ants that hurt like heck

Obviously I just sifted through all the good and bad, and hung on to the bad as I grew up.  I remember being so thankful my family decided to move to Oregon, and how I would never end up in that hot, flat and bug infested place.

Oh how life works!

Ryan applied to medical school and got into a great school in San Antonio, and we are so so grateful.  What was surprising though were people's responses when they learned we would be moving there.  I was expecting similar Texas facts like those listed above, and was shocked when we started hearing...

-  I have heard nothing but good things about SA
-  Oh we used to live there, I loved it!
-  So much to do there!
-  A very green area of Texas!
-  Friendly, warm people
-  Not too many spiders and bugs :)

Immediately my mindset changed.  I obviously knew nothing about this new area, and decided to wipe the slate clean and go forward as excited as possible - which we are!  We can't believe this adventure officially begins in July, and already 2014 is making out to be quite the year for us.  Brand new baby?  New state?  Let's do it!





1 comment:

  1. I am SO HAPPY for you two! Your hard work, prayers and patience have paid off. I'm going to miss you, but look forward to hearing about this new chapter in your lives when it starts.

    ReplyDelete