Sunday, March 16, 2014

Family of Three

Ryan and I had an incredible update at this week’s ultrasound appointment, and were on cloud nine.  Baby Caleb is growing and developing at the expected rate, and his little tummy will hopefully only need a couple minor surgeries.  We have seen miracle after miracle these last few months, and know it is because of the prayers and faith of so many. 

It has been incredible to look back on this pregnancy and see where Ryan and I have been stretched.  Personally I have noticed a better ability to let go of things I can’t control.  I am a planner, a stewer, a thinker…and this pregnancy has helped me be more flexible?  Possibly more relaxed?  And my biggest fear before getting pregnant was being able to connect to my baby.  Ryan and I are in LOVE with this baby, and he’s not even here yet.  It has truly been an experience that has brought Ryan and I closer together, and has bonded us with this little one.


Because we were so incredibly happy, we decided to put together a few baby things and set up his little bassinet.  We have a little rocker/bouncer set to go in our living room, his little sleeper next to the bed, and are really making these last few weeks move as slowly as possible!  But it feels so real.  Finally we are rounding the corner, and someday soon we will have our little family of three.

 photo signaturesmallcopy_zps5985ef6a.png

1 comment:

  1. such a sweet exciting time.
    and so many miracles along the way.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete