Wednesday, March 5, 2014

This Guy

I fell in love with Coldplay when I heard the song “Yellow” back when I was 14.  Different songs have carried me through different times of life, but Coldplay has been my constant.  You can be depressed, ecstatic, reflective…and any song will fit your mood.  The other day, I realized that you can be head over heels in love and Coldplay will still meet your needs.

I was exercising before work this week, and decided to be brave and put my iPod on shuffle.  Usually I stick to my stations:  Coldplay, John Mayer, James Taylor, and the Wailin’ Jennys, but I decided to expand my horizons and actually give other artists a try.  Well after about ten boring songs that couldn't hold my attention for more than 10 seconds, I came upon one of my all time favorite Coldplay songs, “Till Kingdom Come”.  I don’t know if it is because I am a hormonal, emotional mess due to Pregnancy or what, but my eyes welled up with tears and my heart exploded for Ryan when I listened to these words:

Steal my heart and hold my tongue
I feel my time, my time has come
Let me in, unlock the door
I've never felt this way before

Hold my head inside your hands
I need someone who understands
I need someone, someone who hears
For you, I've waited all these years

For you I'd wait 'til kingdom come
Until my day, my day is done
And say you'll come and set me free
Just say you'll wait, you'll wait for me



He makes me feel like like I've never felt, has understood me like no one else on earth can, and is someone I would wait my entire life to be with.  He has truly stolen my heart.  








 photo signaturesmallcopy_zps5985ef6a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment