For Ryans birthday last month, I wrote him a little note about our life together, and how much I love it. I talked about things we’ve learned and hard things we’ve gone through, and mostly about our time living on the Tree Streets in Provo. It wasn’t until he read the letter that it hit me – we are leaving. Briar Ave has become a “sacred space” for our little family, and realizing that we will soon be leaving our nest hit me harder than expected. Many beautiful and difficult things happened here.
Working from home has given me more time to sit and reflect on the things I love about this part of life, and this area of Provo. I will especially miss:
- quiet walks and talks around our named loops (ie. The ridge, Mckay’s, the trail)
- seeing the Y trail from the front yard of our home
- the unfair 2 minute walk to the nearby creamery
- the recently bloomed cherry tree outside our front window, and the apple tree out back
- brightly colored tulips that let us know spring is finally here
- the red brick and white trim of our special home
- the 3 minute biking “commute” to campus for Ryan
- silently still Sundays
There are days I panic and want to rewind and redo our last three years, to relish all the moments of our growth together as a pair. But then, thinking of holding a brand new baby boy that is ours has made the eminent transition more acceptable – easier to swallow. I love our duo, but I know our trio will bring an unimaginable happiness and sense of worth to our lives.