Monday, August 18, 2014

The First Three Months...

Pinterest is both inspiring and depressing.  I am fascinated by all of the ingenious ideas floating around out there, and have benefited from those creative minds!  But, on the other hand, sometimes after a quick pin scroll-through, I feel like I don't do hardly enough.  Take, for instance, monthly photos for babies.  Cal is almost 4 months old and have I done some adorable monthly photos?  No, and I found myself feeling guilty for it!!  But, I have taken some notes on my phone here and there, and decided that's good enough for now.  Every time he does something new and exciting, I want to document it with a photo but hardly do I ever have my phone on me during those times...ah well, I think he'll forgive me :) 


Month 1:



In Oregon, starting to smile more. Still getting used to swallowing, sucking and breathing all at once - chokes a lot poor guy, having a pretty hard time sleeping throughout the day and having happy awake time. Loves baths and sleeping in my arms. Sleeping about five hours at a time during the night.

June 2nd a real smile for grandma

Me - wanting to cry when nighttime comes around, sometimes wish to just throw in the towel and bottle feed at times. Totally confused about a schedule and get sad since he's so colicky! No real postpartum baby blues luckily, but realizing how tough this mother thing is!





Month Two:


Smiles like crazy, tries to talk and coo. Loves walks and being outside. Sleeping an hour longer most nights, keeping food down better and likes to play and kick around.  Loves the ergo and hiked table rock and crater lake. 11.6 lbs at check up and 50% for head, height and weight.  

July 13th Blessing Day
July 14th first rolled over in Bandon

Me:getting better at shorter feedings and trying to figure out how anyone on earth can stick to a schedule. Body feeling more normal every day but still has it's limits. Liking the baby stage a little more each day.








Month 3:


For 5 days straight vomited over and over:( schedule went to pot somehow, but is taking more consistent naps and sleeping from about 9-4 or 5 almost every night! That is, until he hit his growth spurt at almost exactly 3 months and I felt like he ate 24 hours a day for a few days.  He is more attentive, smiley and starting to play and talk and coo more and more. Sweetest boy.  

July 26th played with giraffe and looked at toys intently for the first time!

Me:  we seem to be getting to know each other better, I am understanding when he is tired and he goes down pretty easy (with his binky and swaddled of course!) beginning to wonder if the binky will be a problem for us in the future...











 photo signaturesmallcopy_zps5985ef6a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment