Thursday, September 4, 2014

Missing Him

A couple weeks ago, we realized we had a few issues with our house in San Antonio.  A couple days after that, we found out there were potential hazards if we stayed in the home (especially during repairs) so Cal and I were basically on the next flight out of town.  My parents are still out of the country, so my sweet sister Anna offered her house as a place of refuge.

Colorado has been incredibly refreshing - both physically and mentally.  It was nice to leave behind the mess of a situation in Texas and to come and detox (while still carrying on calls and plans from afar).  It also brought me an immense amount of joy to leave behind the unbearable heat and cool off in the low 90 degree Colorado weather ;)

I have been able to spend time with family, surprise a dear friend who lives in Boulder, hike, run, explore...but after almost a week of being apart from Ryan, I realize how empty life would be without that man - and wanted to jot down my feelings.

Ryan never complains.  Ever.  And when last night I asked how his day was, and he responded "well...it wasn't a good day...but it wasn't a bad day either?"  I knew something was off.  Come to find out, our house had flooded on top of a myriad of other things.  

Ryan is the dearest husband and father.  It truly makes you love your husband more, when you see how much they love their kiddos.  I already miss our nighttime ritual, where he comes home and jumps in the shower, plays with the babe while I finish up dinner, take turns eating while passing him back and forth, snuggling Cal up while I get him ready for bed, Ryan getting his last hour or so of study in for the day, then announcing that the little one has finally fallen asleep...walking to bed together at the end of a long day...I miss that.  I miss spending the last moments of the day talking and laughing, being squeezed and kissed on the cheek...I'm convinced there's no better way to fall asleep.

Ryan works hard.  Too hard sometimes.  He studies harder than anyone I know, and tries to give his all to school, family, church...and it has paid off and will continue to pay off.  That's why I know he will be an incredible doctor - whatever field he ends up choosing.

Ryan has a kind heart and tender soul.  He is always willing to serve and go above and beyond, and tries to include everyone.  Personally, it has been hard moving here from Provo where we were friends with mostly Ryan's mission companions, who loved and appreciated Ryan and he them - and coming to Texas where no one knows Ryan well enough to understand what an incredible man he is.  I'm sure they will soon enough :)

But, all of this to say, I miss him. Can't ya tell?






 photo signaturesmallcopy_zps5985ef6a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment