Tuesday, January 27, 2015

What a Day!

Last night, while we were getting ready for bed I was reviewing my day to Ryan and started laughing when I realized how horrible of a day it was:


  • Was over 30 minutes late meeting up with a friend because of an unplanned visit.
  • Traded babysitting with a friend so I could workout, and both her baby and my baby were awake and crying during my hour
  • When it was my turn, realized I forgot shoes and underwear so I had to go home first before the gym
  • Also realized the gas light was on so I would have to fill up on my way home
  • Forgot about dinner with a neighbor that required ingredients from a local indian store so I had to get the ingredients, fill up the car, then come home
  • Was so late to the gym that Ryan had already done his workout
  • The gas pump near the Indian store was randomly broken so I had to drive back on the busy road to find a different gas station, requiring I wait through 3 light changes because of the traffic
  • Poor baby Cal fell down stairs for the first time, making me feel like the worst mom
  • I forgot his food, yep, terrible mom award
  • Ryan locked me out of the house while I was finishing up dinner at the neighbors, so I waited outside for a good 20 minutes in the dark before a nearby friend came and rescued me.  All right during Cal's bedtime 
  • I had a lot I wanted to get done but after turning on my computer it just flashed a file folder with a question mark (and I just got it fixed!)


It really was quite the day.  But, amidst all the chaos were some gems:


  • My dear friend Jessica saw that I was almost in tears when she came back from working out, and told me to get all my errands done, workout and take my time and she could watch Cal however long it took.  
  • I filled up our car for under $20 and that was a day brightener!  
  • Had an amazing, butt-burning workout and felt rejuvenated
  • Our Indian dinner turned out AMAZING and I we have been blessed with wonderful, welcoming neighbors
  • Another sweet friend Nikelle rescued me from the dark to go get icecream with her family while I was waiting for Ryan, even when she never gets to see her husband.
  • Cal forgave me (I think?) and gave me cuddles and smiles before bedtime
  • Had an understanding husband to vent to and laugh with at the end of a long day


Although there were great things between the lines, I definitely don't need those days too often!

No comments:

Post a Comment