Friday, August 28, 2015

Baby Folsom #2!

I feel terrible that this is the first mention of being pregnant on this blog - we really are beyond thrilled!  I have been adding to a journal throughout this pregnancy, but haven't clued the blog in on our thoughts this round.

It was a longer road than planned to get pregnant with Cal, and we thought we better play it safe and start pretty early for our second.  Well, one month did the trick!  It was an absolute miracle.  We were so terrified the first trimester, but also extremely grateful.  

Since that has happened, we had a little scare.  I go into greater detail in my pregnancy journal, but a quick summary goes like this:

I started to leaking a pretty large amount of fluid at 18 weeks, quickly making my way to the ER.  Once there, it tested positive to be amniotic fluid so we were prepping for a miscarriage and early delivery, absolutely devastated by the news.  But, after no more leakage in the hospital and a second test done just in case, I was sent home on a modified bed rest to make sure I no longer was leaking.  They think it must have resealed itself, which again, is a miracle.

While we were at the hospital during that time, I still didn't know gender.  Ryan thought he caught a glimpse of a little girl on the ultrasound measuring fluid, but on my final ultrasound (when Ryan was at school) they asked if I knew gender - which I didn't know for sure, so they started the ultrasound and quickly saw that our little baby was a BOY!!  I couldn't have been more thrilled.  Ryan came back after taking his quiz, and he knew what we were having when he saw that I was grinning from ear to ear.  Secretly, and sometimes not quite so secretly, Ryan and I were so hoping for another little boy.  He and Cal will only be 19 months apart, and we hope they are the best of friends.

Since that scary time, things have been wonderful.  I have a good amount of energy, can lightly exercise, and feel confident that this pregnancy will continue as planned.  I am due December 10th, so our little family will most definitely be in Texas for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, which will be a first.  We are going to miss being surrounded by family, but look forward to being on our own and making it our own.

Anyway, we just wanted this baby to know we are excited to meet him when he looks back and reads this blog book one day.  We can't wait!! (and, we can't wait to decide on a name one day...this one has been hard for us!)


(his 18 week ultrasound)

No comments:

Post a Comment