Sunday, November 29, 2015

More Maternity & Cal's 18 Month Pictures

First a little on my mind:

Lately I have felt like there are many things I'd like to learn, or do, or become better at, and find myself feeling overwhelmed with inadequacy.  Or, I feel curious about so many things but can never just start somewhere and begin.  I like to see the end from the beginning and to see every step in my mind ahead of time before jumping into something, which is wise in some cases but really holds me back in others.

So, one of the things I would like to become better at is taking pictures with a wonderful camera Ryan got me a couple of years ago.  I was interested, realized I wasn't that great, lost interest, and almost forgot about it.  But, I had the desire a few weeks ago to learn how to take a great picture for my own maternity shots, Cal's 18 month shots, and newborn shots.  Ryan encouraged me to read, be curious, and jump in all the way - so I did!

On a sunny afternoon I put on some makeup (shocker!) and threw on an outfit, Ryan got home earlier than usual, we drove up the street and started playing around with the camera's settings.  We were so happy with the results!  It gave me a little confidence boost, so we decided to go for it and try out a few of Cal, then of his friend Emma.  It has been so fun to see studying, reading, and giving it a try paying off!  I know I'll never be an expert or even close, but it is nice to know that I am improving.  Now, the next step is to learn how to edit!

Maternity:





Cal's Shots:

I have been keeping an online journal of Cal since he turned 1, and have a daily diary of memories for him as well, but feel like I need to add a little blurb in the blog.  Cal is actually almost 19 months, and has been learning incredibly fast.  He has too many words to list, has a fiery temper and is insanely independent.  I am proud of his curiosity and wonder, but it is also very trying at times.  He wants to be a part of every detail, and help with every little thing, and being due in just a week makes it a little difficult sometimes to take the extra time for tasks (like holding him up to help me flip pancakes for example).

He has high high's, and low low's, but overall Cal is such a joy to be around.  He makes us laugh all throughout the day by the words he surprises us with, or the songs he sings, even the noises he makes when he plays alone with his cars.  Every night before we go to bed, we walk into his room and watch him sleep for just a minute or two.  We go to bed with our hearts bursting with gratitude for the sleeping toddler, and although we are ecstatic he is finally asleep, we can't wait to hear his little voice first thing in the morning.  We love this boy.







No comments:

Post a Comment