Monday, February 1, 2016

Rituals

Grady quickly grew out of all newborn and 0-3 month sizes.  Oddly, I look forward to the sorting and stowing away that happens once clothes become tight and are ready for storage.  It has become a ritual of sorts.  This weekend I brought out all of Grady's small clothes, and all of Cal's small clothes, and began making piles.  As I fold and sort, I am flooded with memories.  It is hard to explain my emotions, but most of the time I get choked up seeing my boys' lives passing so quickly one full bin of clothes at a time.  But it also brings feelings of anticipation, as I wonder what their lives will be like, what memories we have yet to make.

I never thought of myself as a "kid person".  Besides my own nieces and nephews, I hated babysitting of any kind, wasn't a huge fan of holding babies, and didn't go out of my way to interact with little kids.  But these boys have changed my heart.  I am going to hold on to every day while these two are still innocent and young, and savor our time together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment