Saturday, April 16, 2016

Texas-sized

Just a few nights ago, Ryan was wrapping up his study while I tidied up a few more things around the house when we started to hear loud bangs coming from outside.  At first I thought it was our neighbors hammering, which bugged me.  "Ryan, why are our neighbors working this late??"  Then, something slammed against our bedroom window, "Oh my goodness Ryan! Is someone shooting at us?"  Then, one of the craziest things I've ever seen happened - hail the size of my palm start slamming down from the sky.  Bouncing off cars, windows, roofs, and an unfortunate runner's head, this hail was ready to destroy.  Ryan and I threw on robes, ran to the garage and started to chuck boxes, gym weights, strollers, trash, anything in sight in order to fit the corolla in the garage.  And as it always happens, the second we pulled in the car the hail stopped.  Ryan and I just looked at each other and laughed.  Everything truly is bigger in Texas!



A victim of the storm:

   

No comments:

Post a Comment