Monday, February 17, 2014

A Spring Sense of Urgency

Caleb is becoming more active every day in Lauren's belly. It's amazing. He stretches, kicks, punches, wiggles his bum, and cruises around his "itty bitty living space." Each day we grow more anxious to meet, cuddle, and hold our little man.

Today, while making some delicious dinner/dessert treats, Lauren commented on how she hopes I finish school in April. In the back of my mind, I stewed over whether or not it would be possible to finish all my classes/research/and most of my writing by then. The thought of spending all my time with her and Cal after his birth is my growing motivation.

What an interesting time this is! I often wonder what other expecting parents (of the kidless kind) are thinking/feeling. Does the excitement fade into impatience as things get tougher (usually meaning as the wife gets bigger!)? Do they have dreams about their future child and prep for parenthood? Do they become fearful as the due date approaches? For Lauren and I, the past few months were full of faith, prayer, important baby purchases, video journal entries to Cal about what we're feeling/thinking, etc. In general, our journey through this pregnancy strengthens our faith, deepens our humility, and keeps up grateful for every move our little guy makes.

It is a blessed period of our lives. I'm glad that 1. we've been blessed with the ability to have children; our hearts and prayers go out to those who struggle getting pregnant or who are unable to, and 2. that we are able to learn so much from those who've gone before us, but also through personal study, questions, and listening for answers to prayer.


 photo signaturesmallcopy_zps5985ef6a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment