Thursday, February 27, 2014

Tranquility

Growing up I had a picture hanging above my bed. The title was "Tranquility" and above the title was a picture similar to this



I bring this up because a week ago, I took the afternoon off from research (well, I got to work at 530 and finished at 12) and went to sundance for a quiet afternoon of cruisin' the slopes. Before leaving, I knew I had to get back at 630pm for a grad school dinner. I decided to go skiing around 130-2, so that made things kinda tough! Fortunately, Sundance is only 20 min away from our house and there's a lift that goes straight from the parking lot, so it wasn't too big of a deal. Also, Lauren was out of town in SLC on business, so I had to hurry home, get the extra car keys, get ready, go back and pick up the car, go back to the house to get my stuff, and then head up to the mountain. Also, while home, I put a bunch of music on my iphone so I could enjoy some good tunes while makin' smooth turns! Turns out, as I was going up the lift on my second run, the music stopped. I looked at my phone and realized that only 4 songs uploaded during my selection time at the house. I was super bummed, and almost pissed because I wanted the experience I planned for and expected. Thank goodness, for Pandora, because I turned on the Nickel Creek station and enjoyed a solid 2.5 hours of mand'ln, banj'r, and geetar pickin!

It was great. The only thing that would have made it better was having my sweetheart at my side.

















 photo signaturesmallcopy_zps5985ef6a.png

No comments:

Post a Comment