Friday, November 13, 2015

Baby Folsom #2 Shower

I have the greatest friends.  It has been a blast to throw the past couple baby showers for some dear friends having their second baby, but I must say I felt pretty special on the night of mine.  Two of my gal pals, Jessica and Brooke, went above and beyond to make it the perfect night.  We all met up in the evening at my new favorite restaurant (La Panaderia), had the whole place to ourselves, chatted and laughed, had free dessert brought out by the owners along with my own special box of cookies, and then went on to open some of the cutest presents I have ever seen!



Moving to San Antonio was a scary experience at first.  I was overwhelmed at the idea of making new friends, and felt really inadequate when it came to being myself and having confidence that others would actually want to get to know me.  I have been overwhelmed by the support of so many girls, and we truly are becoming family.  Whenever we talk about the last year of medical school, we see it as being bitter sweet.  It will be SO hard to say goodbye to people I can call my sisters, and kids that I can call my own.  Ryan and I feel so lucky to have experienced developing such meaningful, lasting friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment